Saturday, April 18, 2009

So I SUCK at this!! Cut Me Some Slack, I Just Had a BABY!!!

So, since the last post, which was years ago, lots has changed in this little world of ours. I have always said that things are nuts, and that has turned to normalcy, but after the newest little addition, it has been nuts and I am doing my best not to turn into a suburban housewife on prescription meds to get by!! (I'm joking, thanks to my girlfriend Jill, we are trying the natural vitamin way first...)

So, here is our newest little love bug...
Braylen Davis Coppock. He was born on February 11th at 7:22 am - 7 lbs. 7 oz. He made it easy to remember these things because all the important things are doubles.. 11th, 22, 7.7... fun!!

Braylen 3 Days Old





Things went well considering that I had another C-Section with him. I was less scared this time as I knew what to expect. When they hooked up the fetal monitor during all the prepping the nurses informed me that I was having some pretty major contractions... FUNNY - I didn't feel anything, and that was before the meds! The nurse that put my IV in was horrible and thanks to her I couldn't bend my wrist, which worked out in her favor because I wanted to strangle her but couldn't!! Off to the OR which took forever because it took the Anesthesiologist 6, yes 6 times to get my spinal block in. Let's talk about a little pain shall we??? I think I was crying at that point, no I know I was crying at that point. But all in all, after a little joking with Dr. Cohen and Dr. Johnson, and the Anesthesiologist, who's name I can't remember, little baby Braylen was here with ten fingers and ten toes, jet black curly hair, dark blue eyes and lungs that most definitely work!!

After spending three days as a guest at Saint Anthony's Central, and seeing that it was my birthday, I decided to pack up and head home. As much as I missed being at home, it was so nice to have a break from the day to day responsibilities that we all have. I loved the staff in Labor and Delivery once again and highly recommend that anyone have their babies there because they are WONDERFUL! It's a hike, and Colfax isn't the most scenic part of town, but it's worth it.

And I have to make mention of a few things about my stay this time (Trev was born there also...) my brothers spent so much time with me in the hospital. Chris and Blair were there almost every day to visit me and the baby. Joey was there, Harlan spent 4 hours with me all by ourselves one afternoon, Catherine came to visit until we scared her off trying to figure out how to get
Braylen to nurse, my mom was there, Alicia and Derek came the day he was born, everyone. It was wonderful, thanks.

The first day home was easy. Misleadingly easy, but easy. He slept, ate and slept some more. I remember thinking to myself, "I've got this in the bag! What was I worried about??" HA - and then I found out that I worried for a reason and two is definitely harder than one. Some days are easy, some days are just days and others have been sheer hell. They are getting so much better, and those stories are to come. We are all doing well now, but all the things people tell you about having a second child, (or more) are true, true, true, at least in my/our case.

Harlan and Braylen


Bray - This Picture Cracks Me Up!



My Birthday / Valentine's Day Cookie from the Nurses / Staff on the L&D Floor.
They delivered fresh cookies everyday at 3:00 - Yummy!!


The Only One Comfortable in that Hospital Bed!


Braylen and Harlan





2 comments:

The Vrabecs said...

Yay! Finally an update. I know I have been hounding you and believe me, I know how hard it is to find time to blog with a newborn and a toddler but I am glad you made the time.....they are both so cute!

Donell Walter said...

Finally is right.I love reading this. Pappa and Braylen, how sweet. Another baby for Amma to eat up!