Saturday, April 18, 2009

February and onto March...

Trevor Brushing His Teeth in His Lightening McQueen Robe!





Baskin Robin's - Our First Family Outing


Not A Happy Baby, But I Have Cute Shoes On!!!

At this point it is hard to remember all of the things that have happened in the last 60 days. I can't believe it, but Braylen is two months old already. It seems like it has gone so fast, as it does I guess!

We are all getting used to our new lives. Trevor did well adjusting as far as not being mean to the baby but he did turn into a little devil in the flesh! He really started to act out in other ways and I pretty much thought I was going to have to make my reservations at the hotel with the pretty white jackets and padded walls!!

I could not understand why my angelic little boy had turned into such a brat. We were almost out of the terrible two's or so I thought! He was biting me, kicking me, throwing things at me, flailing around about everything and anything, crying over everything and anything, all this while I'm trying to manage life with a new baby that doesn't sleep unless he's held on hardly any sleep myself!!!

But the long and the short of it all is that I think I have it under control... it was a little painful at times, scabs on my nose from being bitten and a fat lip here and there, and I think we're good!

Life is different, and one of the things that I forgot about is that I used to go to work 4 days a week and now it's only one. As much as it may have nothing to do with it, in my mind I really think the fact that I am home with him 6 days a week now and the rules are pretty much mine to make is a big change. Giving him EVERYTHING and I mean everything, and doing everything that we could think of wasn't working so the hammer finally dropped... It's serious discipline time.

I have never really played Billy Bad Ass with him, but this crap was out of control and it had to stop! There were nights he went to bed without a bottle, without his TV, without a light on in his room, nothing. This may sound trivial, but these are all his comfort things that he has had since he was one!! Rob packed up all of his toys with the exception of a few and took them away... it changed.

He now, for the most part has been a very good little man!! He plays with one toy at a time, and then puts it away, the flailing and screaming is way less frequent than before, he eats at the table like he should... it's better... therefore I am better, and need less wine!!

Braylen is sleeping a couple hours in the daytime at a stretch and then he takes a couple 45 minute naps and does about 8 hours at night! Heaven! He will sleep in his glider now which is a wonderful thing. He was only sleeping on his stomach which was nerve wrecking for me and never let me sleep when he slept. Once he got tired of that program, he wouldn't sleep unless he was being held... That changed once, thanks to the wisdomes / googling / advice of my mom, we figured out that we had been starving this poor baby. Turned 2 ounces into 4 ounces and he was down for the count! Ahhhh...

The jacket and padded walls will have to wait!

Braylen and Daddy




One of Our Attempts to Get Him to Sleep - This Worked for a Day...


Braylen




1 comments:

Donell Walter said...

Your sooooo funny Jen.