Saturday, January 31, 2009

11 Days and Counting...



Well January has come and gone in a flash. Today was my last day at work until after the baby is here and I can get back to the salon. Its amazing how much has changed in the last three months not to mention the last 30 days. Our house is different now that Rob is done with his projects for the time being and we are finally to a point where there isnt something major to be done every day or every night for him after he gets home from work.

Rob decided to lay hardwood floors on the main level of the house after Thanksgiving. What was supposed to be a "couple weekends" very quickly turned into a couple months. Complicated by the fact that there were oh, I dont know, holidays and company here in the midst of everything going on. None the less, they are done for now. Done enough to live on, live with and not live around for a while. They turned out beautiful and I dont think he or Christopher want to see another piece of flooring, a nail gun, a sander or any of it for a while to come!!

We survived the holidays and the New Year. 2008 was a busy year for us. We lost a few loved ones, Rob changed jobs, Trevor started and stopped school, we found out another baby was coming, Chris and Joey both moved home and lived here for a while, Chris got engaged, oh, those are just a few... but all in all it kept us busy.

If baby Braylen cooperates we have 11 days left of life as we know it. Trevor is in his new big boy room and out of his crib. He has actually done really well and I am so proud of him. We still have the nights, like tonight, where he has every excuse on the planet to get out of bed, but for the most part he has handled the change like a champ! I know that he is enjoying his new room because he shows it off to everyone that comes over. I was worried that he wouldnt like it because for some reason that little boy doesnt do well with change!

We bought a new car last week and Trevor was with us when we picked it up. He had a holy fit because it was not "Mama's car" and we were putting his car seat in a different car that was NOT my Jeep. It was short lived and he likes the new car but it was almost comical seeing how attached he was to my Jeep for whatever reason!

He is growing so quickly! He is speaking in 7 and more word sentences... He counts, knows all of his colors, knows how to play video games on my computer, iphone and his vsmile system... its all little things but I am just amazed at what he does. He eats like a champion and I am still in awe that he will eat all the vegetables on his plate before anything else. We watched him eat an entire container of strawberries tonight. Its hard to take them away because they are so good for him and he loves them, so we dont. If he wants to eat himself into a strawberry then I will let him!

I took him to O'Brien park in Parker a few weeks ago on our way home from a quick trip to the salon. I was shocked at how much he does on his own now. Up the ladders, down the slides, up this, over that, down here, up there... it was crazy. But he's good at it and has the time of his life.
It has been so nice to have the week to spend with him just the two of us since after the holidays. As hard as it is to be home and as much as I didnt think I would ever say that, it will be time that I cherish in years to come. I have not had this much time with him since right after he was born and its so different when they are older. We play and go get a "hamburger, french fries, ice cream cone and a toy". We play games and paint and do all sorts of things that he likes to do and most of all we have "nap time" together before he takes his nap where we both lay down on the couch and watch a little Tom and Jerry. He covers me up with his blankets and tells me to close my eyes... its quite cute. He is old enough now that when he is tired and ready for his nap he will walk himself upstairs to his room and very quietly get into bed and take his nap.

Its just cute. Hes getting to be such a big boy. I will miss having him all to myself, but am so looking forward to his future with a little brother. None of us are sure how he will do, I guess that you never can be sure. The bets are on either being the over protective helpful brother or the one who wants to take everything away from him and send him back. It wont be long and I will know the answer to that question!



3 comments:

The Vrabecs said...

Oh, you lucky, lucky lady....he puts himself to sleep for a nap?!? Count your blessings, I went through my entire 2nd pregnancy with a total number of naps I could count on one hand. And those were only possible when Andrew was home!

Enjoy the next couple of days with Trev. And good luck with the rest of the pregnancy, can't wait to hear about the new baby!

Donell Walter said...

Oh my little Angel, he IS such a good boy. Yes he does eat better than any child I know. There's nothing better than being a mom.One more week before Braylen gets here, I can't wait, then I'll have 2 too spoil.

Donell Walter said...

Ok the baby ticker is expired and Braylen is here. Now we need some postings on the new addition.