Monday, October 27, 2008

October So Far and Just Because...


Its been a normal month around here, just with a couple little twists like usual. My mom is back watching Trevor during the day while I am at work and he is loving life. He knows when she is coming and if he actually wakes up before she gets here thats one of the first things he says... "Amma coming?"

We have been able to spend a lot of time together as a family over the last couple months. Rob is getting more time with Trevor than he ever has and its truly a blessing. We take little trips at night to Wal-Mart for silly little presents and a chance for everyone to get out of the house, Daddy included. Trevor thinks it's such a big deal to be able to wonder around and pick up everything in the toy department until he decides on the "one" he wants to take home.

He is growing and talking and dancing and climbing and oh my God... getting to be such a little boy. He is still my baby but even he will tell you that he's a big boy not a baby.

He is opinionated and stubborn and too smart for his own good. There are very few things that we can get past him and bribing is a lost cause. Making him throw his Hot Wheels in the trash because he won't brush his teeth or taking toys away because he wont sit at the table and eat doesnt even phase him. He is all about his own agenda and we have more than learned to pick our battles.

How can anyone look this upset with 4 Krispy Kreme doughnuts infront of them? Maybe it's the bedhead?

My favorite little blogger Cheyna does a post on ramblings every month. She posts all of the little things that her daughter does and says, and will be even busier with a new addition to the family. Long and short, I think I may have to piggy back on her idea. Its just a cute way to keep track of the little things!

For instance... the other day Trevor and I were upstairs jumping on the bed in the guest room. He has figured out that if he sticks his tummy way out it makes him tip over and fall dead weight into the bed which is so fun in case you've never tried :)! He was sticking his BIG belly out and I said Trevor, you have a big belly... and he replied Trevy has big belly like Daddy's big belly!! HA HA HA - I cracked up! I must be looking pretty good for 6 months if Daddy has the BIG belly in the family! HE HE HE!

If I wear my hair curly instead of straight - He will say to me - Mama, your hair is dirty. or Mama, you need a fan! (Fan is Trevoreese for Blow Dryer)

There are more, they happen every day, maybe thats what I will try and post on a daily basis? Im sure at times I will be the only one to find the humor, but at least I will get it documented somewhere.

Outside of that, Rob and I have turned into CNN junkies over the last month with this election and the market. I dont know that I have ever watched a ticker in my life prior to the last couple months. All of this stuff has taken over our prime time television schedule. Thank goodness for TiVo because the 3 that we have are working overtime right now. 7 days to go and I have no idea what I am going to stay up all hours of the night watching while I'm waiting out my heartburn?!?!?

What else? I am gathering things preparing to do the boy's rooms. We will be moving the guest furniture into the basement, Trevor into the guestroom and the baby will be in Trevor's room. Lots of moving and painting to be done and times a wastin'!

Oh, and we have decided to name the baby Braylen Davis Coppock. I will get used to calling him by his name instead of "the baby" before too long.







2 comments:

Donell Walter said...

I love your Blog, even though I see you all at least 3 times a week, I still miss stuff.
And yes, you look great mommy. Can't wait for my new grandson to come, "Amma" has lots of love to go around.

Julie said...

Yeah! A baby boy. That is so great and will be so much fun. I hate that I don't get to see you prego in real life. I need to stop by the salon just to take a peek and say hello. I MISS not having my pretty nails. Someday!!! But no time soon, I am sure of that. Oh well.

Trevor is as sweet as ever. I wish I could eat 4 doughnuts!