Sunday, May 24, 2009

More in May and Just Because...


Baby B rockin' his new shades

May has been a much better month for all of us in the Coppock clan. Primarily because my sanity has kicked back in and I think we are finally in a groove now with our new lives and our new addition. Braylen is growing like a weed, and has turned into a little tank at his whopping 3 months. He is almost 14 lbs now and I swear is 2 ft long. I have his actual stats somewhere, but the point is he is a big boy already! He is such a happy baby and I am thoroughly enjoying my boys now! He eats really well, is picking up Trevor's sleeping habits of almost every two hours and I just can't explain how much I love having him next to me when he wakes up in the morning... he is happy and laughing and squirming around. Its just precious. Too precious.


Braylen sleeping in his glider


Braylen holding his bottle - Too funny!



He is rolling over, can hold his bottle and can sit by himself in his Bumbo. He has tried some cereal and some applesauce and seems to like it, so a little at a time seeing that it's still kind of early for all that. I wouldn't have even thought about feeding him those things just yet, but he kept grabbing for everything I gave Trevor so I thought maybe that was supposed to be telling me something...

Trev has been a crack up this month... He has turned into my little parrot. Repeat - Repeat - Repeat... And past that - oohh, the scoldings I get from him are too much - He's so serious when he is trying to let me have it that I can't keep a straight face.

Some that I love... I wish I could remember them all...
"Mama - Look what you did!" (not a good thing BTW)
"Mama - It's your bedtime, go to your room!"
"Mama - I wanna ride in the hoopdy hoop." That's what Rob calls our 2006 Camry, a Hoopdy...
"Can I play the remota-computer?" Which is what he calls my laptop. Remote/Computer I guess.


He is playing on my laptop like it's his job. I just can't believe how this kid can whip around on these websites. Games, coloring, you name it, he can do it - touch pad and all! It just kills me. Not to mention that he now takes my iphone to bed to play at night. One night, a week or so ago, he went and laid down in our bed to wait for me to come to bed. Braylen had fallen asleep and so I hung out downstairs with Rob for an hour or so catching up on some TiVo'd shows. Trevor came down with a completely put our air about him and said to me "Maamaa... where's my phooonnne?" I had obviously taken too long coming to bed and he wanted to play his games. I have laughed for days over that one.

I feel like he has really turned 3 now. He is such a little boy now and not a baby. He is lazy as all get out or spoiled rotten, but we are working on that. It's amazing how if I ask him to put his shoes on he can't but if he wants to go outside they are already on when he comes to ask to play... Hmmmm :)

He still isn't too sure about this whole brother thing. He will give him a kiss goodnight and goodbye but that is about it. Braylen is not allowed to be anywhere near Trevor's blankets and he really doesn't like him on his couch either. If people are too loud he will tell people... "Stop making that noise, you're gonna wake brother up!" But if he does it, not an issue. Tell him that he has to be quiet or go in another room and he storms off and says "Trevy is so mad!" and throws his arms down in a miff. It's so funny how he is in his own little world 100% of the time.

He has done some things this month that I really want to remember... he sang his first song and read me his first story. When I say read, I don't mean read. He looks at the pictures and tells me the story of what is going on, but HE thinks he's reading and that is really all that matters. It's so cute. He sings the Taxi Taxi song off Noggin and the Clean Up song too. We're just not big singers so it was so cute to hear him for the first time.

SO what did we do this month? Well, Jill and I went to Endulge for drinks and then Jing for dinner. We had a great time. I got to drink martini's with edible flowers in them that make your mouth numb for the first time. We had fun. She's a blast. I have spent a lot of time with the girls which has been a blessing. I love the fact that after all this time, we're talking 14 years, it just seems like we picked up where we left off and never gave it a second thought.

Mom watched the babies Friday night so Rob and I could have a date night. It was the first time we had been out alone since our anniversary in October. We hit the outlet mall and did some serious Memorial Day Sale shopping and then to Pasta Jay's for dinner. I love that place. We of course had to hit Wal Mart on the way home to pick up something for Trev. He was in bed, but we got him up and let him play with his toys for a while after we got home. I thought he was excited to have us home, but really, first thing out of his mouth was - "Mama - did you get me a present?"

We celebrated Mother's Day at my Moms for the afternoon with her, my Aunt, my Grandma and cousin Linda. It was fun catching up on all the family gossip.

Dad and Chris making pizzas.



My Dad had us up for a pizza night at their new house in Evergreen. It was a beautiful day up there and we had a great time. Trevor ran around like he owned the place and played with Zeus until they were both pooped. Braylen slept almost the whole time we were there, bless his heart. Dad makes the best pizzas ever and he loves doing it, so it made for a great afternoon. We also did a little birthday catch up with them so Trevor got another birthday cake and another present... Lucky kid!

Chris and Trevor eating pizza and tomatoes!


Trevor with the belated birthday cake!


1 comments:

The Vrabecs said...

Wow...busy, busy, busy! Those boys are too cute!